CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

BFF's

I was driving Makenzee and Bailey home from tumbling and I couldn't help but listen to their conversation about shaving their legs. Bailey told Makenzee that she shaves her legs and Makenzee thought that was so unfair, since I won't let her shave yet. After pausing briefly to tell me that I should let Makenzee shave her legs and get a cell phone so they could text each other, Bailey went on to tell Makenzee how to shave. She said, "You put lots of soap all over your leg, then you dip the razor in the water, then you start down by your foot and shave up, but you have to move the razor really, really slow or you'll cut your leg. Then you dip the razor in the water again and wiggle it around, then you tap it like this, then you start down by your foot and shave up again." Makenzee was glued to Bailey's face, taking in every precious and sacred word Bailey said. Makenzee asked her how often she shaves and Bailey said, "Well I used to shave about every other week but now I shave every Monday because I have tumbling on Tuesday. You can't go to tumbling with hairy legs." Then Bailey turns to me and said, "Canesa, I think you should let Makenzee get a cell phone and shave her legs." I laughed and said, "I think she's to young to shave her legs." Bailey said, "Oh no, she isn't. I started shaving when I turned 10. I know, you should make her a deal that when she gets her back handspring you will let her shave her legs. No wait, let her get a cell phone instead." Makenzee yells, "No Bailey, my legs, I want to shave my legs first." They talked back and forth between each other for a few minutes and then Bailey said, "OK, if she gets her back handspring then she gets to start shaving her legs and you'll buy her a phone just because." I looked in the rear view mirror and Makenzee is staring at me with puppy dog eyes, a puckered lip and she's bouncing up and down in her chair with her hands clasped together under her chin as if she is saying a prayer. I couldn't help but laugh out loud as I remembered the days when I was a little girl. I knew for sure that if my friends asked my Mom, she would just have to say yes. Funny how that doesn't change from generation to generation.

0 comments:

Post a Comment